3/24/2010

New Symptom

Like any unpleasant illness, running causes symptoms. Some symptoms are good some are bad. For instance, weight loss is a good symptom of running unnecessary miles on a treadmill...with no one chasing me at knife point. Sweatiness, muscle cramps, exhaustion, pain, chafing, thirst, panting, more sweatiness and all around discomfort are just a few of the negative symptoms often caused by running.

I've only been "running" for a little over a month and have experienced all of these symptoms to some degree. This week, a brand new symptom developed. This week, ravenous hunger has taken over my body. I'M SO HUNGRY all the time. I eat what should be enough food for at least two people and then an hour and a half later I'm on the hunt for more.

What is the deal? Is running supposed to make me want to eat my arm if I don't have a three course meal every two hours? Maybe I need to start drinking powdered protein or something.

Any suggestions?

By Chrystal Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment