9/18/2010

Ahhhh...

A couple weeks ago I wrote a post called Eighteen Miles. It was a bit of prediction of what that week's long run would be like. Honestly, it was every bit as grueling, if not worse.

Last week was a 20 mile run. Well, for me it was mostly a walk. I've got a tendon in my foot that's a bit unhappy with all the work it's had to do lately so running wasn't really possible for me. Once it was over I think the walking was worse. If you move 20 miles on foot, it's going to hurt no matter what. If I'd ran at least I could've been done with it a bit sooner. The highlight of my "run" was when I reached the 16 mile mark. I only had 4 to go when I was passed by a lady. This lady had a kid following her on a bike and she was pushing another kid in a stroller AND she was pregnant. Noticeably pregnant - like 7/8 months along. If that wasn't enough, the only "shoes" she was wearing were Vibrams. (If you don't know, Vibrams are like rubber gloves for your feet. They allow you to essentially run barefoot but protect your feet from getting scrapped up.)

At what point in a runner's career do you quit? I'm pretty sure it's when you get passed by a barefoot pregnant lady who's pushing a stroller. Just sayin'...

Anyway, I'm excited about tomorrow's run - or today's since it's past midnight. We're starting at 7:00 instead of the usual 6:00 am so I get to sleep a bit longer. And, after resting my foot all week, I'm hoping for little protest from my tendon. The best part - we're only running 10 miles.

Ahhhh...

I know, believe me, I know this makes me sound like a crazy person. But, after running 18 and then 20 miles the past two weeks I'm honestly looking forward to a nice, easy 10 miler.

Words I never dreamt I'd say.

And with that, I'm off to sleep for about 5 hours. Think of us tomorrow...and maybe donate!!

Chrystal Murphy


No comments:

Post a Comment