4/15/2010

You might not want to read this . . .

If you’re hoping to read something really clever, or witty, or inspiring - you should probably try another blog. I have nothing interesting or profound to say, but I AM so excited!

I will run my first *official* race Saturday morning and I’m countin’ down the hours. In some small way, all of this training will be validated when I hit the pavement for the first time as a competitive athlete (the fact that those two words apply to me is completely insane!). Just to clarify a bit - I am competing with me, myself, and I. My goal is to finish the 5k (that’s 3.1 miles) in less than 37 minutes. If I am able to do that, it will be a personal best. More important than time and distance is the fact that I am running - and 10 weeks ago I wasn’t. So bring on Saturday and 3.1 miles ‘cause I’m ready to run!

And who knows, I might even have something witty or profound to say when I cross the finish line.

Ruth Dammann

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you! You have so much to be proud of, and you're just getting started. Oh, and add to all of your personal achievements the fact that you are running for a great cause, and it adds up to be pretty special :) Good luck on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete