10/16/2010

A Note of Thanks

Over the past months I've learned that running is not an individual sport. At least not for me. For one, I would have quit about 4 minutes into my training had it not been for the people running with me. But also, and perhaps more importantly, there are several people who have sacrificed their weekends right along side us so that we can train.

I should also mention that when I say "sacrificed their weekends" I mean both Friday evenings and all day on Saturdays. Yes, we only run a few hours and even on our longest days are finished by lunch time, but we have to go to bed EARLY on Friday nights. And, we're usually in so much pain after running that Saturdays are shot. So, yes, entire weekends.

Ruth has four children. Her husband, Chris, works long hours and then takes care of four kiddos so Ruth can get to be early, then run, then rest. He's also graciously eaten his weight in pasta since March.

Jeff's wife, Cheri (aka "Superwoman", aka "Greatest wife and mom ever"), had a baby this summer bringing their total number of little ones to four. She too sacrifices time with her husband, taking care of four kids by herself, so he can train.

Mike and I are blessed to have our parents close by. Grandmama and Grandpa and MomMom and Papaw have kept Mikayla every weekend since March so that we wouldn't have to get her out at 5:30 on Saturday mornings or hire a sitter to come stay with her.

Without these six people we could not do this. I'm not just saying polite words, I mean this quite literally. Chris, Cheri, Mom, Dad, Jimmy, Glenda - without your sacrifice we couldn't do this. Because of what you have given up, because of your willingness to help lives will be saved on the other side of the world. I hope you all know how thankful we are for you. We do not take for granted the time you have invested into our training.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Chrystal Murphy

2 comments:

  1. not sure about the "names" you have for me...but thanks!! : ) we love all of you and hope your bodies hold out and that you run well! sorry i didn't join in on the cause...but it probably would have been next to impossible...in several ways! keep up the good work!

    cheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheri those "names" are not sufficient to describe just how amazing you really are! :)

    ReplyDelete